Our client is internationally recognised as a market leader, with a long-standing history of manufacturing innovative, high-quality electronic products, supplied to a wide range of markets around the world. A highly successful family-owned group that was founded 40 years ago, they are passionate about working collaboratively and partnering with customers to achieve high-quality outcomes, with a focus on creating value and continually looking for the best solutions. They continue to grow year on year and are now looking to recruit an experienced Purchasing Officer to join their Supply Chain team and contribute to the continued growth of the business.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Generating Purchase Orders in SAP for a range of goods and services from both local and overseas suppliers
- Reviewing orders and MRP reports on a daily basis and liaising closely with production on order status and availability
- Expediting and De-expediting purchase orders as required
- Liaising with suppliers regarding orders and delivery confirmation
- Creating and Maintaining PIR and Source lists
- Assisting with new Vendor selection process and price and contract negotiations
- Monitoring and assessing vendor delivery performance
- Creating purchasing strategy with Managers on issues of short supply, promotions and new product launches
- Participating in cost reduction/savings initiatives
- Working with vendors in order to optimize MOQ’s and improve stock turns
- Processing credit claims and return purchase orders
- Investigating and resolving material non-conformance and delivery discrepancies
To be successful in this role you will have a number of years of experience in a similar Purchasing role, within a manufacturing or industrial environment, ideally working with electrical/electronic products.
It is essential you have previous experience working in SAP, Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills and strong reconciliation and problem-solving abilities.
In addition, you are a self-motivated and reliable team member, have an exceptional eye for detail and have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Our client is looking to secure someone to start as soon as possible, so don’t miss out. Please apply directly by hitting the apply tab or if you would like to have a confidential chat regarding this or any other position, please contact Kaeley Smith on 02 8896 6038.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Like us on Facebook for regular updates.