Our client is an internationally recognised market leader, with a long-standing history of supplying a variety of high-quality products for sale and hire, to a global market. Led by industry experts, they are passionate about providing innovative technology that is cost and energy efficient, while improving sustainability and the environment. Committed to a Customer-centric approach, they are passionate about working collaboratively and fostering a culture that inspires creativity and innovation. They are currently looking to secure an experienced Financial Accountant to join their friendly, supportive and down to earth Finance team in the head office located on the North Shore. This full-time permanent position is available to start ASAP and offers parking onsite and flexible work from home options.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing various financial activities, ensuring compliance with regulations, and providing strategic financial insights to the business. With a focus on delivering impeccable service, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to support financial decision-making and drive continuous process improvements.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Preparing monthly balance sheets reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Performing banking and treasury activities and producing weekly cash flow forecasts.
- Maintaining hedging profile and recording hedging assets/liabilities in compliance with accounting standards.
- Conducting month-end close processes in compliance with month/quarter/year end schedules.
- Performing financial forecasting and budgeting activities to support strategic planning initiatives.
- Preparing and lodging monthly BAS/PAYG/withholding tax.
- Preparing monthly accruals and annual FBT return for Australia and New Zealand.
- Preparing and lodging annual APA compliance report.
- Maintaining Tax /IFRS/USGAAP Fixed Asset Register.
- Assisting with monthly tax accounting entries and annual tax returns.
- Analysing financial performance metrics, identifying trends and areas for improvement.
- Preparing statutory financial reports to ensure compliance with accounting standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Assisting with internal and external audits, providing necessary documentation and support and ensuring compliance with applicable policies, legislation, and standards.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally be CA or CPA qualified with:
- Proven experience in a similar Financial Accounting role, ideally 5+ years,
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience working in a global ERP system.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Excellent influencing skills and communication skills both written and verbal.
- A professional, positive approach and diligent work ethic.
- The ability to multi-task and deliver to predetermined time frames and prioritise workload within a fast paced environment.
- A passion and desire for excellence and driving continuous improvements.
In return, you will be offered a high level of autonomy, a supportive, collaborative work culture, a flexible working environment with WFH options, a competitive remuneration package, and the opportunity to develop your career with a true market leader in their respected field.
If you believe you have the above-listed qualities and experience and are seeking a new career challenge, please apply directly by hitting the apply tab. If you would like to have a confidential chat regarding this, or any other position please contact Kaeley Smith on 02 8896 6038.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Like us on Facebook for regular updates.